We swim from 6:00-7:30 each Sunday evening at the Stork YMCA.
We separate swimmers into 4 lanes, with skill level ranging from beginner to advanced.
Lane 1 “The Nemos” is coached by Coach Vy, and is geared towards our “Learn to Swim” and beginner swimmers. Here, swimmers learn the fundamentals of swimming technique including proper body positioning and bilateral breathing.
Lane 2 “The Doris” is led by Coach Andrew, and builds on the fundamentals. Swimmers in this lane continue to focus on technique while starting to incorporate speed and longer distances into their workouts.
Lane 3 “The Marlins” is coached by Coach Caity, and takes on more advanced swimmers looking to learn additional strokes, improve technique, and improve speed and endurance.
Lane 4 “The Bruce’s…like the shark” is coached by Coach Lisa, and puts the most advanced swimmers through difficult speed and endurance workouts in all 4 strokes while keeping an eye to technique. And yes, Coach Lisa’s workouts have made swimmers puke.
Keep an eye on the website for swimming workouts that you can do on your own during the week. More information on the swimming program and coaches bios coming soon…
Swim related posts
- How to not freak out before and during the big race (5/13/2015)
- 2015: The year of the fish! (1/12/2015)
- The Best Swim Technique for Open Water (6/25/2014)
- Open Water Swim stroke (4/5/2014)
- Swim Work Outs (4/5/2014)
- shoulders (3/21/2014)
- swim work out (3/20/2014)
- Swim work out. (2/27/2014)
- The 5 rules for kick sets in the pool… (2/18/2014)
- swim info (2/12/2014)
- distance per stroke (2/5/2014)
- It is all about the breath and synchronization of movement with breathing (2/4/2014)
- swim set just for a change (1/30/2014)
- an alternative to a swim work out (1/21/2014)
- Vy’s Handouts from Sunday (Jan 12) (1/16/2014)
- Swimming Drills (11/10/2013)
- swim work out (11/6/2013)
- see for yourself: turns and kick we are just starting to look at and learn (11/4/2013)
- The Triathlon Swim: Where Balance Begins (10/27/2013)
- Touch and Go Drill (10/27/2013)
- Balance and Rotation Drill (10/27/2013)
- Closed Fist Drill (10/27/2013)
- Thumb to Thigh Drill (10/27/2013)
- Learning to Use the Pace Clock During Your Swimming Workouts (10/27/2013)
- Open Water Swimming Tips for Triathletes: Overcoming Your Fears (10/27/2013)
- How To Increase the Power of Each Stroke (10/15/2013)
- 5 Things You’re Doing Wrong in the Open Water (9/14/2013)
- Maximize your chances of a safer, happier swim (9/10/2013)
- The Arch Enemy (9/10/2013)
- The Truth about swim fins (8/14/2013)
- Goggles inside or out? (8/14/2013)
- Swimming on your side vs on your stomach in freestyle (8/14/2013)
- Rookie Lessons: Mastering Breath in the Swim (8/14/2013)
- How Born Runners Find Triathlon Balance (8/14/2013)
- What type of swimmer are you. (8/12/2013)