The run group meets on Thursday evening at 6:PM. We start our evening off by doing some drills to help us think about running form, speed and breathing as well as mental preparation. Then we go for a run. We have all levels. We have a learn to run group, two middle groups and a faster group that runs a little farther.
After the run we return to the Y for stretching and core exercises. Everyone does what they can. Everyone is at a different level so be the master of your own body and build from where you are. We usually finish our work out around 7:30 PM
The run group is a free group and open to anyone who is a member at the Y.
Don’t give up. Keep at it and magic will happen. See you out there.
Run related posts
- Don’t Dread the ‘Mill, Use It! (3/5/2015)
- The Shoe Struggle (2/12/2015)
- 3 Hill Workouts for a Faster 5K (2/1/2015)
- What Dead Legs Are Telling You (12/13/2014)
- If running is holding you back (11/27/2014)
- Brick training tips (3/31/2014)
- Speed work out for running (3/13/2014)
- Motivation (2/27/2014)
- Time to speed up your running. (2/17/2014)
- This is why you run and train with a group. Run up and down train up and down. Today! (2/16/2014)
- It is all about the breath and synchronization of movement with breathing (2/4/2014)
- Progression running – how to get fast (11/20/2013)
- Strength for rough terrain (8/14/2013)
- How to fuel during long runs (8/14/2013)
- Improve Your Stride Through Big Toe Power (8/14/2013)
- A Better Way to Breath (8/14/2013)
- How to run your best marathon – Gauranteed (8/14/2013)
- How Born Runners Find Triathlon Balance (8/14/2013)
- Beat Midrace Nausea (8/9/2013)