New Potato Salad with Spring Vegetables and Egg
- 2 lb new potatoes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas (use fresh peas if you can get them)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- Gently boil the potatoes in salted water until tender (around 30 mins). Drain and leave to cool slightly. Slice in half.
- Whisk the mustard with the vinegar and slowly add the olive oil. Add the chopped shallots, parsley and mint and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus and peas in a medium pan of boiling, salted water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool in iced water. Drain and cut asparagus into one inch lengths. Add to potatoes and then add dressing while potatoes are still warm and gently mix together. Top with boiled egg halves and serve.
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2014